Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nobody's home

Posts will be a bit sporadic until closer to the 31st.  I am having some really serious medical issues, and am now on morphine*, have lots of doctor appointments, and really, I am not cooking very much right now.  I have my cupcake tasting for the wedding on the 31st and the 3rd, I think, so I will have detailed explanations and pictures of each cupcake, so that will give me blog posts up the wazzoo, to deal with the days that I am off due to doctors appointments.  As for what is wrong with me, we are still trying to figure that out, hence the loads of doctors appointments. Plus, school starts next week for spring term, and the first week, in my opinion, is the hardest.

When I was picking up books for my classes, I found this book on recipes that called for 4 ingredients only.  It had a recipe that caught my attention right away. I love love love chile rellenos.

So, I found a recipe that called for canned green chilies, jack cheese, eggs and milk.  The recipe called for diced chilies, but I wanted to try it using whole chilies.  I would recommend the diced ones.  The whole ones ended up being hard to eat, because they didn't want to cut up with a fork.  It was wonderful, and I not only ate it for dinner last night, but for lunch today.

Chilie Relleno Bake
4 cans of green chilies, diced
1 2 pound bag of jack cheese, shredded
8 eggs
1 cup of milk

Preheat oven to 350.  In a 13x9 pan spread out a can of chilies.  Then spread a layer of cheese, a can of chilies, a layer of cheese, layer of chilies, layer of cheese can of chilies and then mix the eggs and milk in a seperate container and pour over the entire thing.  Spread the last of the cheese over the top and place in oven to bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly and brown on top.  Let sit at least 10 minutes so everything settles and solidifies, and then slice into squares and eat.  It would be really good with a side of refried beans and rice.



*If I misspell things, or use the wrong words, or just seem to be talking strange, remember the morphine.  I'm trying to make sure I catch all my errors, but I may not always.

1 comment:

Leave me a message, I want your ideas. Please be kind, this is a peaceful place.