Saturday, April 2, 2011

No posts

Sorry I have taken a small hiatus here.  I have all kinds of posts with pictures coming soon.  I made half of the cupcakes for the wedding and did the tasting on Thursday, and had a photo shoot while I was making them, so when I have the pictures nd have stopped to breathe, I will post about it.  :)

I get to do it all again tomorrow, so I will have plenty of fodder, recipes, and pictures soon.

Today, today I did something that my best friend and my mom both hate me for.  We have hit a point in the month where we are almost out of food.  We go shopping pretty much once a month, and at the end of the month we eat what I call pantry staples.  So, I needed lunch, my kids got fruit cocktail and ramen noodles, which was actually what they begged me for, and I let them have on occasion, heck, I crave ramen noodles on occasion, but not this time.  This time I wanted something flavorful.  Ok, what I really wanted was a cheeseburger, but I can't have one, cheeseburger being my all time favorite food, and next weekend I am BBQing, just a heads up to those who live near by and want a good BBQ. 

Ok, I lost track, so back to my story.  Pantry meal.  I had a picture of partly used rottini, so I boiled it up.  I drained it and poured in maybe a cup of whipping cream that I have in the house for making the whipped cream for the whipped cream topping in some of my cupcakes.  I also keep this wonderful real bacon thats cooked, chopped and packaged in my freezer, so I tossed a handful of that into the pasta, added half a stick of butter, a teaspoon of garlic powder, and half a container of kraft parmesan cheese. Yes, the stuff int he green shaker.  Bart loves it and insists it be in the house at all times.  Then I ground some fresh pepper on it, cooked it to barely a boil, and dished it up.  It is awesome and tasty, and ok, it would have been better with cheese that wasn't out of the shaker, but for a pantry meal, it was a score.  My friends and family hate that I just toss things in a pan and assume it will work.

But it almost always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I want your ideas. Please be kind, this is a peaceful place.