Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Healthy vs Unhealthy

I made healthy muffins for Bart to take to school today.  They were made with oatmeal, so they had heart healthy ingredients.  We won't mention the butter or sugar or eggs in it, ok, we will just call it a healthy muffin.  And it was, in comparison to the black bottom cupcakes I made later in the morning after he went to school.

Healthy muffin
Healthy muffin has oatmeal in it.


I love black bottom cupcakes.  They are one of my all time favorite things to eat.  And I had never made them before.  I don't know why, but I thought it would be hard.  It wasn't.  It was amazingly easy.  The filling was sugar, cream cheese and eggs.  The chocolate part was flour, water, oil, cocoa powder, baking soda and vinegar.  Mix the chocolate part in one bowl, the cream cheese mixture in another.  Fill cupcake pan (with liners) with the chocolate mixture, then add a small amount of the cream cheese mixture to each cupcake.  The recipe says don't worry if this comes to the top of the liner, as it shouldn't rise, but mine rose, so I will fill them less next time.  Then bake and let cool then eat.  They aren't as good hot, they are actually kinda funky, but cold, I have eaten about 10 of the 24 I made.

What is left of my 24 black bottom cupcakes
See, kinda funky looking, who would guess these were so awesome.
Inside is cheesecakey goodness.  NOM!!


Bart came home from school, looked at them, and asked what the heck this funky looking cupcake was.  I told him to just eat it, and he did, and then he swooned.  Yes, my husband swooned, they are that good.  These are dangerous to have in the house.  Very very dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I want your ideas. Please be kind, this is a peaceful place.