Thursday, April 21, 2011

Teriyaki Salmon

I went to a sushi place for lunch on Monday before I got my tattoo.  Bart and I each got a serving of california rolls, NOM, and we shared a teriyaki chicken bento box.  The chicken had the most amazing glaze on it, and I actually wish we hadn't shared, because I wanted more.  Well, I figured I would make it at home, and even though I didn't have any chicken, which if you read the last post, you know why, I figured salmon would be a good substitute.

So, I made the sauce, which will be available at the bottom of my post, and put together some rice and some noodles and veggies(frozen package of noodles and veggies for stir fry) and then I broiled the salmon.  The salmon would have been better had it been grilled or marinated, but it's a learning process, right?

I liked it alot, Bart did too.  Aiden wouldn't touch anything but the rice, and Ciera, well, she didn't eat much of anything.  I think that I will really enjoy this dish as a chicken dish on the bbq, so I will be trying it again.

This is the teriyaki sauce.  YUM!

 
Final plating. 
Ok, here's the recipe.

Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
Ingredients:
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2/3 cup cold water
2 teaspoons corn starch
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
*optional 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
(Feel free to use fresh garlic or ginger.)
It's ok to use full sodium soy sauce, just don't salt the meat you use.

Directions:
In a medium pan add all the ingredients except half the water and the corn starch. In a small cup dissolve corn starch and water before adding to sauce pan. Cook sauce on medium heat for 5 minutes constantly stirring, or until it is thick and coats the back of a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I want your ideas. Please be kind, this is a peaceful place.