Sunday, June 19, 2011

Non-reacting cinnamon rolls

Well.  The cinnamon rolls didn't get made.  Luckily the dough wasn't all that expensive to make, and when it ended up in the garbage, I didn't feel too bad.  I put it in the fridge, but apparently I hadn't covered it enough, it had all kinds of dry edges.

So, why didn't I make the rolls?  Well, because we went traveling today.  One of our favorite hobbies is going on long drives to nowhere and somewhere.  We never really have a plan for where we are going, we fill up the gas tank and pick a road and drive.  Today was awesome and we got some really cool photos, and I caught a 14 inch rainbow trout.  Which I gave my dad for Father's Day.  I did not want to gut and clean that thing.

We started with a picnic at Fish Lake.  By late August, early September there won't be a lake there.  It was an interesting fact.

Happy Fathers Day, By the way.

I have one child who eats bread, and one who doesn't.  Oh well, they both ate good.

Here we are at Clear Lake.  Ciera promptly fell in the water.  Of course we brought no dry clothes.

We found several great waterfalls.

They were gorgeous.

We were so close we got damp here.

This is a second set of falls on the same path.  There is a third one that we didn't see.  They were created by three different lava flows.

It was a great hike, they were very close to the road.

I love waterfalls, so this was perfect for me.

Then we found a beaver dam.  Didn't see any beavers though.

My fish.  I had to take a bath once I got home to get rid of the fish stink.  He was 14 inches.  And I did it all by myself.

Tired dirty girl.  At least the t-shirt stayed dry.

Super tired boy.  He kept moving, so all I got was a blurry shot.



All in all it was a wonderful day and totally worth the ruination of the dough.  I wouldn't trade it for the world, and we can't wait to do it again.  We spend most of the summer on trips like these, and this was a great one to start off the season.  Next trip we're taking the tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I want your ideas. Please be kind, this is a peaceful place.