Saturday, February 26, 2011

Something New

Today I made a cupcake that isn't going into the lineup of cupcakes that I am letting Velvet taste for her wedding.  Instead, it was something to play with, a way to fail without worries.  I made a cupcake that was made with coconut and lemon grass infused milk, plus actual lemongrass in the batter, and a lemongrass-ginger cream cheese frosting.

I didn't fail.  These were awesome, in their own strange way.  This is a cupcake that if I had my own shop, I would make as a special of the day, limited quantity cupcake, or on special order.*







Speaking of failing, I missed turning in one assignment in one of my online courses.  The teach emailed me with my grade.  I went from having a 97% in the class to having a 59%.  I need to get only A's for the next two-three weeks so that I keep a decent GPA.  I can't wait until my classes are based on cooking, and not on general ed.  I take a nutrition class next term, and it scares me now, because the teacher sent out the syllabus this early, so that we could drop the class now if we think it will be too hard.  Next year I won't have any GE classes to take, just culinary and I am very excited to actually be starting the new part of my life.

Tomorrow I am doing a Thanksgiving in February, simply because I want turkey, and company.  I have invited my friends over, and we will have a feast.  I am also going to be working on chocolate cupcakes, since I failed on them last time I made them(and how can it be that I can make all kinds of different cupcakes, even some that require fresh lemon curd, but I can't make a decent chocolate?) and I will make my triple lemon, because it was AWESOME!  I can't wait to get graham crackers and butane so I can make smores cupcakes.  The butane is for my BRAND NEW kitchen torch.  I can't wait to use it.

Starting Monday, I have three weeks of iron transfusions coming up.  Please keep your fingers crossed that I don't have a bad reaction.  I guess a small amount of people who have these go through anaphylactic shock.  I am really really good at falling into the minority, so I'm a bit scared.  They changed my bipolar medicine last week, and I was one of the 20% of people who stop sleeping when they take it.  Then I went back onto my old medicine, didn't think to put myself slowly on it, and dropped my blood pressure so low that anytime I moved I almost passed out.  I think I've got it under control now.

Well, that's about it today chickies.

*Photos taken by Verity Images Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I want your ideas. Please be kind, this is a peaceful place.