Monday, February 28, 2011

Slow Day

Today I had an iron transfusion, so I wasn't really into cooking.  I looked at lots of recipes, trying to find something that looked good to make, instead, I went to sleep.  Now it is 8pm and I am making a chicken stir fry, because it is easy and tasty.  My kids ate ramon.  Yes, I am that mom sometimes.

Yesterday, however, on the day I said I would not cook anymore, I made a very good vanilla bean pudding.  I ate mine warm, while everyone else ate it chilled.  It was a huge hit.  I'm thinking about making creme anglaise layered with blackberries for Velvet's bridal shower, as a dessert, especially since she loves blackberries.

What do yo cook on those days when you just don't have anything in you left to make the effort?  What are your easy go to meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I want your ideas. Please be kind, this is a peaceful place.